News from FedcapPost 9/11 Veterans: Train with us for your new career
Post 9/11 Veterans: Train with us for your new career
GI Bill Now Covers Fedcap Training and Job Placement
Post 9/11 Veterans can now use GI Bill benefits for Fedcap training in:
• Data Entry/ Digital Imaging/ Document Management – keyboarding,
data entry, basic computer skills, document imaging
• Hospitality Operations – Preparation for work in the travel and tourism
industry, with a focus on customer service
• Culinary Arts/Food Service – Culinary fundamentals, customer relations,
• Office Skills – Typing, filing, business writing and math, cutting-edge computer technology and applications
• Custodial Services – Hands-on instruction in the latest cleaning techniques
using state-of-the-art equipment, green cleaning, safety protocol, customer
Fedcap professionals help veterans:
• Choose the best career path
• Get the vocational and “soft” skills to compete in today’s marketplace
• Get a job – and keep it
Fedcap’s job developers place hundreds of people directly into jobs with a wide range of employers every year, including us. Fedcap’s Total Facilities Management, Office Services, Manufacturing and Home Health Care businesses currently employ more than 1,500 people in New York, New Jersey and Washington, DC.
With 75 years’ experience helping people overcome barriers to employment, Fedcap understands the complex challenges that many veterans face. Our graduates have continued access to our counselors even after they start work, an added benefit for both graduates and their employers.
The government will now pay for veterans’ Fedcap training under expansion of the Post 9/11 GI Bill to include accredited trade or vocational schools (also known as a Non-college degree/NCD programs). The benefit covers the actual net costs for in-state tuition and fees up to $17,500. Veterans: You must choose a program and apply for VA approval before you can start.
To learn more about The Post 9/11 GI Bill, visit: www.gibill.va.gov/benefits/post_911_gibill/Post911_changes.html
Fedcap – Breaking Down Barriers. Getting People to Work. Driving Economic Development.