Vocational Evaluator - Brooklyn (10 positions) - WeCare
Department: Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Reports to: DVE supervisor
Program Description: Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. (Fedcap), a New York City-based not-for-profit human services agency, is contracted by the New York City Human Resources Administration to operate the Wellness, Comprehensive Assessment, Rehabilitation and Employment (WeCARE) Program in Brooklyn and Queens.
WeCARE is an internationally acclaimed workforce development program founded and administered by the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA). WeCARE provides a continuum of integrated services designed to help public assistance recipients overcome barriers to employment and to become more financially self-sufficient. Program services include medical, mental health and substance abuse assessments and referrals; case management; comprehensive service planning; vocational evaluations; federal disability program application preparation and submission; work readiness and computer skills training; academic and vocational education referrals; work experience internship placement and monitoring; and job placement and retention services.
The program is scheduled to be fully operational on or around December 3, 2012, and is expected to serve more than 20,000 clients annually at a combination of six medical and program service sites in Brooklyn and Queens.
Reporting to the DVE Supervisor, the Vocational Evaluator is responsible for the timely completion of comprehensive diagnostic vocational evaluations (DVEs) and individualized plans of employment (IPEs) on behalf of clients assigned to vocational rehabilitation services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage caseload to ensure the delivery of all vocational evaluation and employment
planning services within prescribed timeframes.
- Interview clients to ascertain employment, education and training histories.
- Assess client’s vocational interests, abilities, strengths, weaknesses,
aptitudes, behaviors and functional limitations by administering and scoring a
battery of tests and vocational evaluation tools.
- Supervise the measurement and recording of client responses to motivational techniques
and criticism, as well as organizational ability, perseverance, attendance, punctuality,
flexibility, interpersonal skills, work habits and communication skills.
- Develop employment plans, including education and vocational training referrals, Work
Experience Program (WEP) referrals, and appropriate jobs/job families, based on the results
of the DVE and other medical, mental health, substance abuse and psychosocial
- Case conference with other WeCARE service providers on an as needed basis, including
case managers, work readiness and computer instructors, job placement coordinators,
job preparation counselors and WEP specialists.
- Document client services and activities in Fedcap and HRA management information
systems, including, but not limited to, AllSector and NYCWAY.
- Record and collect all required
- Prepare DVE/IPE reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in vocational rehabilitation, vocational education, psychology, or
education or the equivalent in a related field.
- Prior relevant experience in vocational assessment preferred.
- Knowledge of vocational systems and valid testing procedures required as well as
knowledge of the labor market and world of work.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to be patient and sensitive to individuals with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates preferred.
Salary and Benefits Package:
We offer a competitive salary and compensation package which includes paid time, off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 403b with company match.
Email email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line if interested.