Registered Nurse/Field Supervisor
Title of Position: Registered Nurse/Field Supervisor FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Home Care Services
Position Reports To: Manager Clinical Services
Positions Reporting to this Position: HHAs & PCAs
Main Purpose of the Position:
Performs ongoing patient assessments and provides direct patient care to chronically ill patients in their homes. Coordinates and provides case management for all private cases and supervises Home Health Aides in the field. Performs In-services and Competency Evaluations with Home Health Aides.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assesses and provides direct nursing care on private cases. Acts as primary nurse on private cases and initiates and updates nursing and Home Health Aides Plan of Care. Provides ongoing patient/caregiver education and evaluates outcome. Interfaces with patients’ physician on all aspects of patient care. Initiates discharge plans and makes referral to community resources as necessary. Provides case management and coordination of all services, participates in case conferences.
2. Performs field evaluations visits in client patients' homes in order to evaluate HHA/PCA performance according to the HHA Plan of Care, NYS DOH regulations and other HHA requirements.
3. Performs supervised practical training to assess clinical skills and competency of HHA/PCA as a practical part of the HHA training and certification program. Intervenes as appropriate and provides additional instruction and remediation on site.
4. Evaluates HHA/PCA overall competence and training needs, through competency performance exams. Develops, provides, and/or recommends additional classroom or in-service training ensuring that all HHA's/PCA's meet required standard of competence and annual certification requirements.
5. Consults with contract patient's primary nurse from Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) or Long Term Home Health Care Program (LTHHCP) on an as needed basis to ensure quality care.
6. Maintains all documentation in patient records to ensure compliance with DOH regulations, JCAHO Regulations and Fedcap Policies and Procedures.
7. Interfaces with Service Coordinators to coordinate service needs of patients to ensure continuity of care and to schedule supervised practical training visits.
8. Reviews medical records and performs other clinical functions as assigned.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of and ability to follow Agency policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and ability to follow departmental policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of and ability to follow NYS DOH and JCAHO regulations.
4. Knowledge of and ability to adhere to the Nurse Practice Act.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, HHA/PCW and all levels of staff.
6. Ability to attend to detail.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to problem solve.
9. Good time management and organizational skills.
10. Ability to travel throughout NYC area to visit patients' residences.
Licensure: Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of New York.
Education: A.A.S. degree in Nursing.
Experience: Three (3) years nursing experience with at least one (1) year in Home Care/Medical Surgical setting.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer