Mental Health Services Worker
Location: West Orange, New Jersey
Summary: Responsible for provision and coordination of program services; provides client treatment as directed.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all clients and is attentive to the mission and philosophy of the Partial Care Program.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Provides direct service to clients, their families and significant others in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Monitors service delivery to meet client’s changing needs.
- Organizes and conducts daily psycho-educational groups.
- Participates in client treatment planning meetings.
- Maintains daily group logs.
- Maintains clinical records in accordance with New Jersey Division of Mental Health Services (DMHS) standards, as well as Medicaid standards, and in compliance with Fedcap policies.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable federal, state privacy laws and HIPAA Privacy Rules.
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Psychosocial Rehabilitation or Mental Health Services, or related experience, such as assuming leadership roles during participation in mental health services or mental health consumer initiatives.
Multi-lingual: English/Spanish a strong plus.
Criminal background must be in compliance with and maintained within New Jersey Division of Mental Health (DMHS) guidelines. (Criminal background investigations will be performed every two years.)
Must successfully complete, within the first four months of employment, the following training: First Aid and CPR, Medication Management, and Fedcap Policy and Procedures.
Must be knowledgeable of federal and state privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
To apply: Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer